On Wednesday nights during June and July, we have a special offering called Dinner and Devo. We will meet at 5:45 pm to share a meal in the fellowship hall, dismiss kids to classes at 6:25 pm and have a devotional thought from 6:30 to 7:00 pm. This year, our theme is Shipwrecked, Seven Deadly Sins that Wreck Your Life. Jody will be delivering our devotional thoughts. Here is a brief summary of the series
Our culture is double-minded when it comes to the idea of sin. We like to keep the concept handy in case we need it for a really major issue. But when it comes to our own decisions or those of people we agree with, we suddenly become reluctant to use the term. We prefer less loaded words like mistake, blooper or misstep. Centuries ago, a Greek monastic theologian catalogued the sins he believed were much more than minor shortcomings; they were deadly. On Wednesday nights this summer, we will explore the seven sins that can wreck your life in a series titled Shipwrecked.
- June 6th: Chicken Fajitas, rice, beans and tres leches cake
- June 13th: Pork Loin, roasted vegies, baked sweet potatoes and dessert
- June 20th: Pancakes, eggs and bacon
- June 27th: Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots and peach cobbler
- July 11th: Grilled Hamburgers and Hot Dogs with ice cream treats
- July 18th: Fettuccine Alfredo, steamed broccoli, garlic bread and cheesecake bar
- July 25th: Southern BBQ, mac & cheese, baked beans and banana pudding
Note: We will not meet July 4, Independence Day.
Individual meals are $6/Adult, $4/youth ages 7-12 and Free/youth ages 0-6. Tickets can be purchased for individual meals in the office or in the Adult Education lobby on Sundays starting June 3.
Season Passes are available. The cost for a season pass (all 7 meals) is $35/Adult, $25/youth ages 7-12 and $Free/youth ages 0-6. Season passes are currently available through the office and will be on sale in the Adult Education Lobby starting June 3.
During the devotional time, there are classes for TCM and TYM, ages birth – 12th grade. (Note: There may be some weeks, due to summer activities, that the youth ministry (TYM) meets in the fellowship hall for the devotional. Please check TYM correspondences for any changes.)